Applicators - Control Systems
The Fan Jet, Micro Meter, Maxi Meter, Rotor Meter and Turbo Jet all have variable speed feed rolls driven by 12 volt electric motors. Depending on the machine, a choice of controls is
available as follows:.
VARI-SPEED CONTROL (USE WITH MICRO METER / MAXI METER / ROTOR METER)
MANUAL - NON SPEED RELATED
This is a simple low cost control,
with manual ON/OFF and a dial to set the application rate. It is not linked to forward speed so once calibrated a consistent forward speed must be maintained, or the rate can be manually increased or decreased on the move using the dial.
cab console, 5m fused battery power lead, 6m connector cable from cab console to machine. Extension cables available as a cost option.
VS-2 CONTROL (TURBO JET ONLY)
AUTOMATIC - SPEED RELATED - LOW COST
This can be used either as a low cost non speed proportionate control similar to the Vari-Speed
Control, or with a suitable speed input, will give economic speed proportionate output.
Currently it is available for Fan Jet Twin & Duo Plus models, and Turbo Jet.
In either format it shares the same simple calibration procedure as the Vari-Speed, and with
a ground speed input from either a supplied GPS receiver, or using a mechanical or radar speed signal from the tractor ISOplug, it will match the speed of the feed motor to the forward speed, to maintain the selected application rate. Economic and easy to use, with simple audio / visual alarms to alert the operator of any malfunction or low hopper contents, etc.
I-CON CONTROL (USE WITH FJ MINI / FJ PRO PLUS / MICRO / MAXI / ROTOR / TURBO JET)
AUTOMATIC - GPS BASED - SPEED RELATED - PRECISION FARMING ABLE
This is an extremely comprehensive GPS based colour touch screen automatic control system with numerous features.
It is capable of Precision Farming automated variable rate application, working from a seeding plan - simply load the pre-defined seeding plans via the SD card.
- The RDS i-CON system automatically maintains a preset application rate as forward speed varies, with on-the-go manual up and down adjustment of rate from the target. The i-CON monitors forward speed by GPS and controls the feed roll speed as required. Constant comparison and balancing of forward speed versus feed motor speed ensures an extremely accurate and reliable seeding rate is maintained.
- The integrated SD card reader allows basic data logging to produce field records - upload directly onto a spreadsheet or a yield map proprietary software package. An unlock code or software download is available to turn the PF function on (cost option).
cab console, remote implement mounting finger switch, GPS receiver and mounting bracket, 6m connector and power cable from cab console to machine. Power leads ; 5m fused lead to connect from the battery to the back of the cab, and join the 6m power lead = 11m total power lead. Extension cables available as a cost option.
The i-CON measures and visually displays the following features:
- Extremely simple and accurate programmed calibration procedure for stepless rate setting.
- Indicates the attainable speed range available during the calibration.
- Manually switch the feed motor on and off, or it may be done automatically via the supplied implement or lift-arm mounted cutout finger switch as the implement is raised and lowered.
- A Pre-Start feature can start the feed mechanism whilst stationary to help when working out of corners.
- Area count is suspended when the feed motor is off. Area totals and all calibration data are automatically stored in memory when the instrument is powered off.
There are audible and visual display alarms for:
- Forward Speed (Kph from the GPS receiver)
- Part Area and Total Area worked (H/a)
- Seed Application Rate (kg/ha) and deviation from target rate
- Low Hopper Level (contents low) and pre-set alerts of usage.
- Minimum / maximum forward speed (beyond which the programmed seed rate cannot be maintained).
- Feed motor stopped (power on but no feedback signal - manually switched off or fail)
- Feed motor stalled (no power or mechanical stall)
- Low electrical power supply.
- Fan Status and switched manually off or fail (Turbo Jet only)
ISO OPTION of tractor ISOBUS, or RDS ISOCAN or ISO-ARTEMIS control - this allows all our rotary feed machines to be controlled using the tractors own in-cab ISOBUS terminal*, or if the parent implement uses RDS ISOCAN or ISOCAN ARTEMIS controls and has spare channels, it may be utilised to control the Stocks applicator ? please enquire for details for any of these options. * Isobus compatibility may be make dependent - please enquire.